Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Who is Carl Wilkerson?

Well, that is way too big a question to address in one post, but I do what to start out with that question because that is why I stole the blog -- to tell people who Carl Wilkerson really is.

There will be many answers to this question.

I plan to explore as many of them as I can for the rest of my life.

The superficial answer is that he is a Will Ferrell look-alike who can be both grumpy and funny. (BTW, he does a perfect imitation of Ferrell, especially Mugatu "I invented the piano key necktie. What have you ever done? Nothing! nothing! Nothing!" from Zoolander)

20 things you probably don't know about Carl Wilkerson:

1. Almost every single animal that meets him loves him.

2. He has composed over 200 songs and recorded many of them.

3. Our cat, Anawim, has total control of his mind and can make him do her will.

4. He cries at sunsets because they are so beautiful to him.

5. He knows all the words to every sitcom theme song ever composed (at least to every one before 1990).

6. He has never seen a single episode of the show "Friends" and has made it his quest in life to never do so.

7. He can imitate every main male character on Seinfield.

8. He is a mathematical genius and reads math books for fun.

9. He reads French fluently and he can hold his own in a conversation in French.

10. He has been to the Masters in Georgia (pre-Tiger Woods).

11. He plays guitar and keyboard by ear and can listen to almoast any song twice and play it.

12. He practices yoga.

13. He was a card-carrying member of the National Organization for Women for several years.

14. He ran his own e-bay business out of my mother's shed in the backyard.

15. He studied karate.

16. He used to work for a pizza joint that may have been a front for the mob. He knows nothing and he didn't want to find out.

17. He can recite his lines from scripts he learned as far back as high school drama. He is a master at memorizing complicated lines.

18. When we were living with my mom after my dad passed away, he gave my mom at backrub every morning as a thank you for coffee she made him.

19. He can name the winners and losers of every world series ever played. Just throw a year from 1903 to 2004 and he will most likely be able to tell you everything you ever wanted to know about the series for that year. He is a walking, talking, breathing, living baseball history alminac. (He even knows more than the average fan about Negro leagues, minor leagues, college leagues and women's leagues)

20. He sat in the hospital for three days when I had surgery in 1995 watching over me. The truth is, over the years, he has spent a lot of time waiting for me, watching me and taking care of me. He is my caregiver and my guardian. I would not have survived lupus, asthma, cancer or fibromyalgia without him. Most men would have run away by now. He has been my steady consort in spite of all the sickness I have faced.

No comments: